Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Yum Yum Lila

Since Lila was fast approaching the six-month mark and I had some time on my hands, I loaded up on all kinds of fruits and veggies after Christmas and stocked our freezer with tons of homemade baby food for Lila.  I loved making Addie's baby food and plan to do the same for Lila.  To start, I made sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, spinach, squash, zucchini, beets, pears and apples.  I had also bought blueberries, but Ad decided to polish those off before they became pureed.  :)  I will be able to mix and match these to make various concoctions once she has been introduced to them all individually.  We started out with carrots below, and she did ok with them.  There was the normal about of gagging and spitting, but she did eat a few.  She is still getting used to the textures, etc but is getting better each day.  Hopefully, she will learn to be an adventurous and healthy little eater.



No comments: