The rest of the 4th of July weekend, we just spent hanging out with family. The boys golfed, the girls shopped, we ate yummy meals, and Ad got to go swimming at the neighbors pool. We all headed to church together Sunday morning before Jason and I loaded Ad in her carseat and headed back to Houston. It's always hard to say goodbye, but we had the best weekend. The good news is, Addie and I already have another trip in the books to go back and visit soon!
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Friday morning, Dad, Cale and I got up before dawn and headed to Port Mansfield for a day of fishing. We ended up getting to go with a friend of my dad's offshore to catch snapper. We had a total blast and put 36 (our limit) snapper in the box along with 4 king mackeral and a ling. I absolutely love fishing and was so grateful to spend time with Dad and Cale on the water. There are few places I would rather be. That evening, once Jason got in town, we all headed back to Port Mansfield to have dinner at a restaurant that will cook your catch. We had grilled ling, blackened and fried snapper and fried snapper throats. Yummy.
Sunrise on the water
Showing off my ling.
Mark bringing up my King
Cale started feeling sea sick so he took a dip in the water to stop the rocking.
Mimi and Ad on the dock after dinner
Deer roam the town of Port Mansfield
Family pic on the docks
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
This year, we spent 4th of July in Harlingen. Addie and I flew down to Harlingen Wed night before the 4th. Unfortunately, Jason had to work the morning of the 5th so he came down Friday night. My parents had a bunch of friends and family over to celebrate the 4th, and we all had so much fun. My dad grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, and mom made tons of amazing sides. The meal was topped off with homemade ice cream and other yummy desserts. Nothin' says summer like a big cup of dad's homemade ice cream. :) The boys set off a fantastic firework display, and the kids ran around with lots of sparklers. It was a great night, and a perfect way to celebrate my favorite holiday!
My patriotic baby
Addie loved Brooklyn and Claire. I'm sure it won't be long before she is running all over the place with these girls.
Mom, Addie and Me
Hector, grandma and Aunt Sherry
Mimi and her girl in her 4th of July jammies
Cale and his sweet gf Tasha.
Grandpa and Dad
Claire putting on a show
Monday, July 15, 2013
On July 2nd, Addison turned 11 months old. She is turning into such a big girl, and it is so fun to watch and learn on a daily basis.
At 11 months, Addison.....
- is wearing 12 month clothes and jammies.
- is wearing a size 3 diaper and a size 3 night-time diaper at night.
- is wearing a size 2-3 shoe when she wears shoes.
- still just has 2 bottom teeth.
- takes 4 6oz bottles each day.
- is drinking water really well out of her sippy cups.
- eats 3 meals and 1 snack per day. She is eating pretty much whatever we eat now that is soft enough for her gum. Addie is a great eater and eats most everything we give her.
- took her FIRST STEPS this month (June 25th)!! She has been practicing ever since and is getting more and more brave.
- Still loves the pool and went swimming several more times this month.
- is clapping for herself all the time and waving bye bye to everyone and everything.
- will say mama to me and dada to Jason. It is soooo cute. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, and I go in her room, she bounces up and down in her crib and says mama over and over.
-gives lots of big, open-mouthed kisses
-is babbling and making lots of sounds. You can tell she is really trying to communicate.
- is busy busy busy. It is nearly impossible to change her diaper or clothes. She flips over and is out of there before you can even blink.
-She LOVES to read lots and lots of books. She starts grunting for the next one as soon as you finish the one you are reading. She loves to sit and flip the pages herself. When she plays with her books on the floor, she will turn and turn the books til they are facing the right direction. Smart baby.
- Still ends up in bed with Jason and I each night somewhere around 2-3am. One of these days, I will get motivated to re-sleep train her. For now, I kinda enjoy the middle of the night snuggles.
Addison is a busy busy bee and a super sweet baby girl. Jason and I are totally smitten with her and enjoying this age so much. Happy 11 month birthday baby girl!! Mommy and daddy love you so very much!
Lookin' like such a big girl in her jean and toms, ridin in the shopping cart.
Drivin mommy's car
Not the best picture, but I had to document Addie's first trip to the lake house.
Ad and Jackson