Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day on the Water

Friday morning, Dad, Cale and I got up before dawn and headed to Port Mansfield for a day of fishing.  We ended up getting to go with a friend of my dad's offshore to catch snapper.  We had a total blast and put 36 (our limit) snapper in the box along with 4 king mackeral and a ling.  I absolutely love fishing and was so grateful to spend time with Dad and Cale on the water.  There are few places I would rather be.  That evening, once Jason got in town, we all headed back to Port Mansfield to have dinner at a restaurant that will cook your catch.  We had grilled ling, blackened and fried snapper and fried snapper throats.  Yummy.

Sunrise on the water











Showing off my ling.


Mark bringing up my King


Cale started feeling sea sick so he took a dip in the water to stop the rocking.

Mimi and Ad on the dock after dinner


Deer roam the town of Port Mansfield

Family pic on the docks

 

No comments: