Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Eve

We started out Christmas Eve by heading up to Jim and Deanna's house to let the kiddos decorate Christmas cookies.  We started doing this each Christmas several years ago, and I just love the tradition.  These cookies always remind me of my Grandma since she made them at Christmas every year so it's fun to incorporate a little of my family into the Mayeaux traditions.  Ad loved "painting" the cookies and did her share of icing licking as well.  After the cookies were decorated, we headed back home so the girls could have lunch and nap before heading to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at church.  I just love the Christmas Eve service.  The girls were good during church, and I just sat there with tears in my eyes knowing how very blessed I am that I get to be their mom.  Sometimes the days can be long, but I don't ever take for granted that God entrusted Addie and Lila to me.  I really made a conscious effort this year to not get bogged down with the stress that comes along with the holidays and truly tried to enjoy every second with my little family.  After church, I let Ad look at the awesome train display in the church lobby for a while before we headed over to Harry and Laura's house for Christmas Eve dinner and a white elephant gift exchange.  All in all, it was a great day full of family and fun. 

Sporting her new coat from Uncle Cody and Aunt Britt and ready to get her cookie decorating on.

The cookies turned out really cute.

She was in awe of the candles

 
Sweet Lila saying a little prayer at church  :)


Trains everywhere!

My girls!
 
Lila with her great grandparents

No comments: