On August 2nd, Addison turned 2 years old. She continues to grow and change so much, and it's amazing how much more she is talking since her 21 month update.
Height: 35 inches (~80th percentile)
Weight: 29 lbs 14oz (~90th percentile)
Head: 19.25 inches (~90th percentile)
At 2 years old, Addison.....- is wearing 2T and some 3T clothes and jammies.
- is wearing a size 4 diaper.
- is wearing a size 6 shoe and still LOVES wearing her shoes and has an opinion on which ones she wears each day. She is currently obsessed with wearing her pink rubber Natives and wears them almost every day.
- has a mouth full of teeth. I don't dare stick my fingers in there to count them anymore. I really need to make her her first dentist appointment.
-her hair has really gotten longer. I try to give her a ponytail each day to keep it out of her eyes, but currently she is in a "no tail!" stage so I try to choose my battles. We still haven't given her a haircut.
- Still takes a bottle before bed. I know this isn't ideal, but I haven't decided to take it away just yet.
- Is still a pretty decent eater. Eating meat is hit or miss, but she still loves fruit and veggies so I don't worry too much.
- She understands most things we tell her to do and follows instructions well. She is a great helper by putting her trash in the trashcan, putting her dirty clothes in the hamper, etc.
- is talking in sentences and repeats pretty much anything we say. She says too many words to even list out now and has really learned so much.-still gives lots of hugs and kisses. She also says I love you Mommy or I love you Daddy. It melts my heart every time.
- still LOVES dogs. She has also started liking cats and her Meow is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. We also go look for peacocks on our nightly walks, and she loves to go find them.
- is busy busy busy. She is constantly on the move and can make a huge mess in a hurry. She is pretty good at helping to pick up though when I get down and help her.
-loves going to school and loves to go bye bye. Every morning when we ask if she is ready to go play with her friends, she says yes, and starts naming all her friends in her class. It makes it so much easier dropping her off each day knowing she loves it so much. They do such a great job teaching her at school too which I love.
-loves to play outside.
-She still likes to read books and point out all the things she knows in them. She also loves to work puzzles.
- Has developed a love for stickers. We find stickers ALL over our house and furniture.
-She likes watching shows on the disney junior app on our phones. Her favorites are Callie the Sheriff, Doc McStuffins, Mickey and Little Einsteins.
- Sleeps from about 8:30-9:00pm to somewhere in the range of 7:00-8:00am in her big girl bed. We moved her to a double bed in her new room a few weeks before Lila was born and never looked back. She actually sleeps so much better in that bed than she ever did in her crib. We put her in bed with her milk, turn on her blue stars (a star nightlight that projects stars on the ceiling), turn on her noise machine, say prayers and walk out. She puts herself to sleep and sleeps through the night. We have come a long way in the sleep department, and we are so proud of her. She has also started napping better and takes a good afternoon nap in her bed most days.
- is doing really well with her manners. She says thank you all the time and sorry if she bumps into you. She is also good at saying please and thank you when asking for something. She will say Bless You if you cough or sneeze. It is really precious to watch and makes me very proud.
- has been the BEST big sister. She has exceeded any and all expectations we had of her. She loves to hold and kiss Lila and honestly has never acted jealous or upset that Lila joined the family. She pats her and tells her sweet baby Lila or pretty baby Lila. If Lila cries, Ad runs to go check on her and says it's ok baby Lila. I feel so blessed that the transition has been so smooth, and I just know these two will be great friends as they grown up.