Saturday, August 9, 2014

10,000 Steps

Jason and I got my mom a fitbit for her birthday so once I was feeling up to it, Mom and I would take Addie (and sometimes Lila) on a walk each evening after dinner.  It was nice to get out of the house, and I love walking in our neighborhood.  We have wild peacocks that live in the neighborhood so Addie was always on the lookout for peacocks.  We would also search for kitty cats and puppies and keep a running count of what all we would see each night.  Since Mom has now gone home, Jason ordered me my own fitbit and Jenn has been walking with us in the evenings.  I am enjoying the exercise, fresh air and adult conversation.  Hopefully I can keep it as part of my routine and maybe work up to eventually jogging once I get the official ok to exercise from my doctor.  For now, I am loving my evening walks.....they are good for my sanity and squishy belly.  :)




No comments: