On August 2nd, Addison turned 4 years old. She is growing so much and all of a sudden seems so much older and capable.
Height: 41 inches (~78th percentile)
Weight: 37 lbs (~67th percentile)
BMI: 15 (~55th percentile)
At 4 years old, Addison.....- is wearing 4T clothes and jammies.
- is wearing panties all the time. We night-time potty trained her the week she turned 4, and she did great! We just took her diaper away and that was that. She still wakes up once or twice to potty during the night but always wakes up and tells me she needs to go. We are so proud of her.
- is wearing a size 9 shoe. She still does love shoes and gets so excited when she gets a new pair.
- hates having her hair fixed. I love putting it up and she always "doesn't want a pony tail" or wants to wear it "just like this" (i.e. total bed head).
-got her first haircut. Jason took her to get her hair cut (about shoulder length), and she looks adorable. She gets comments on her beautiful red hair all the time.
- Is still a pretty decent eater. She loves fruit (esp. grapes and strawberries) but also really likes a decent amount of veggies. Cooked broccoli and carrots are her favorite.
- She likes to have things organized. She will line up her toys in a row or put her "friends" in a certain spot in her room.
-she sleeps with a "friend" each night and takes one to school for nap every day. She slept with a ton of stuffed animals in her bed until Lila started sleeping with her. Now she just has 1 or 2.
- loves to read books. She picks out several books to read before bed each night. She loves story books now, and I love to watch her so engaged.
- has complete conversations with us. I love that she can now tell us about her day at school, etc.-is so sweet and loving. She will randomly say "I love you so much" to Jason or me or say "You are the best Mommy". I literally couldn't love her more.
- still LOVES animals. She is currently obsessed with African animals (esp. cheetahs), but she adores all animals.
-loves to watch movies. We will usually curl up on Friday nights and watch a movie.
-LOVES her best friend Wyatt. They are inseparable and such sweet friends.
-loves to play outside and help Jason water the plants or plant the flower beds.
-has been really in to coloring pictures with markers. She can also write her name really well and use scissors correctly.
- Is still a total night owl. We put her to bed around 9pm and sometimes she doesn't fall asleep til 10:30. She likes to sleep in though and usually sleeps til 8-830 on the weekends when she doesn't have to get up for school. At school she still takes a good nap every day. On the weekends, her nap is hit or miss depending on what we have going on.
- is a sweet big sister most of the time. She and Lila have their spats, but I love watching them play together. Ad loves to boss Lila and be in charge. haha If Lila doesn't comply, I will sometimes hear her telling Lila she will have to go to time out. #secondkidproblems
- is extremely opinionated. She always knows what outfit she wants to wear, what song she wants to hear in the car , what "friend" she wants to take to school that day, etc.
Addie, mommy and daddy are so proud of you. You are a sweet friend, a lover of all animals, my biggest helper, curious, cautious, smart and best of all mine. We love you with all of our heart. I love our adventures together and the memories we are making as a family. Your mommy and daddy love you so much and are so blessed you are our daughter.
Questions We Asked Addie at 4:
1. What is something mommy always says to you? "Listen"
2. What makes you happy? "Going to the zoo"
3. What makes you sad? "When you tell me No"
4. What makes you laugh? "When Lila is silly"
5. How old are you? "4 years old"
6. How old is Mommy? "I don't know"
7. How old is Daddy? "65" hahahaha
8. What is your favorite thing to do? "go to Old McDonald's Farm" (She had just gone on a field trip there the week I asked her these questions)
9. Who is your best friend? "Wyatt"
10. What is your favorite food? "Spaghetti"
11. What is your favorite song? "Frozen" (Sort of a random answer bc she hasn't really been listening to Frozen much lately, but I do know she likes it)
12. What is your favorite animal? "horses and cheetahs"
13. Where do you live? "Houston"
14. Where is your favorite place to go? "to the zoo"