Monday, March 7, 2016

Girl's Weekend, Mud Bugs and the Broncos

The first weekend in February, my mom had a girl's weekend planned in Houston with her high school girlfriends so she and my dad headed into town for the weekend.  It was a fun-filled weekend as documented below: 

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday morning so mom and I dropped the girls at school, and then I dropped her off in Highland Village to meet up with her friends before heading to the doctor.  Dad and I then met up with some great family friends for lunch.




Since the girls were already at school, Dad and I decided to spend the afternoon just the two of us.  We never get to do that, and it was sooo nice.  The weather was fantastic, and we just ran some errands and enjoyed each other's company.  I wanted to run by Kendra Scott to use my 50% birthday coupon and bought myself this cute bracelet.


Then, because I have the sweetest dad in the whole world, he bought me this little treat as an early birthday/Valentine's Day gift.  You never get too old to enjoy sweet surprises from your Daddy.  That evening, we all headed to Pappadeaux for a yummy dinner to cap off the day.




Saturday afternoon, we  had a small, impromptu crawfish boil with a few friends.  Again, the weather could not have been more perfect, and we had a blast hanging out outside.


Ad and Jackson liked holding the crawfish.




Dad enjoying the first batch.


These two are so funny together and were pretending to take a nap.


Marin had too much excitement for the day.


Mom's friends then dropped her off Saturday afternoon.




It was great getting to catch up with them for a bit.


Sunday afternoon, we headed over to the Skaife's to watch the Broncos clench the Super Bowl.  Well, most people watched them clench the title.  I watched until half time, and then headed home to bathe the girls and get them in bed.  :)  Such is life as a momma.


We had a fantastic weekend full of family, friends, food and lots of fun!



No comments: