On January 13th, Lila turned 6 months old. Lila is truly the happiest baby, and I am enjoying every moment of this age.
Weight: 14 lbs 15.6 oz (~28th percentile)
Height: 26.5 inches (~75th percentile)
Head: 16.5 inches (~42nd percentile)
At 6 months, Lila.....
- is wearing 6 month clothes and jammies, but several of her 6 month pants are starting to look like capris.
- is wearing a size 2 diaper.
- is wearing a size 1 or 2 shoe when she wears shoes.
- takes a 6oz bottle ~ every 3-4 hours during the day. She is still waking up once per night and gets about 4oz usually between 2:30-4am.
- is holding her bottle by herself for the most part.
- still really loves her paci.
- we started solids over Christmas break. Right now she just eats them once per day, but we are getting ready to move to a breakfast and lunch routine. So far she has eaten sweet potatoes, carrots and zucchini.
- her hair just keeps growing and growing. It is still a very light brown or dark blonde color.
- has started showing a lot more interest in playing with her toys. She really loves tummy time if you put toys on her blanket with her.
- is scooting and moving to get to her toys. I can tell she wants to crawl so bad. She lays on her belly and does the worm to scoot where she wants to go. She is also starting to try to get her knees up under her, but we aren't quite there yet.
-is such a wiggle worm. She loves to stand and roll and squirm around in your arms.
- laughs and smiles all the time which is one of my very favorite things. She has huge dimples that are so precious. She is really ticklish on her neck and just cackles and laughs when you kiss her.
- has turned a bit into a mama's girl. Usually as long as I am holding her, she is perfectly content.
- is still sleeping in the rock and play in our room. Her doctor told me at her appointment, that I really need to move her to the crib so I guess I am going to bite the bullet and do that very soon. She usually goes to bed between 8:30-9 and wakes up once to eat sometime in the 2:30-4am range, then back to sleep til 7-7:30am.
- likes to read books and really pays attention for 2-3 short books. I have started making more of an effort to find time to read to her. I used to read to Addie all the time and want Lila to love books like her big sister.
- speaking of her sister, Lila loves Addie and tolerates all her affection very well. She watches Ad and just grins and laughs at her.
-has started babbling quite a bit. She says dada and baba (although hasn't made the connection of the sounds with the objects yet so I don't really consider those being "first words").
-celebrated her first Christmas. She did great getting passed around and being thrown off of our routine. We loved having her with us this year. She did great driving down to the Valley to spend Christmas with my family and on the flight home. She really is an easy-going baby now as long as her belly is full.
Happy 6 month birthday baby girl!! Mommy and daddy love you so very much!