Height: 38 inches (~74th percentile)
Weight: 33 lbs 6oz (~76th percentile)
BMI: 16 (~66th percentile)
At 3 years old, Addison.....- is wearing mostly 3T clothes and jammies.
- is wearing a size 4 diaper at night and panties during the day.
- is wearing a size 7 shoe and still LOVES wearing her shoes and has an opinion on which ones she wears each day.
- hates having her hair fixed. I love putting it up and she always "doesn't want a pony tail" or wants to wear it "just like this" (i.e. total bed head).
-her hair has really gotten longer. We still haven't given her a haircut. She gets comments on her beautiful red hair all the time.
- Is still a pretty decent eater. She LOVES fruit (esp. red grapes, strawberries and blueberries) but also eats veggies. She likes broccoli and carrots the best.
- She likes to have things organized. She will line up her toys in a row or put her "friends" in a certain spot in her room.
-she sleeps with tons of "friends" each night. She literally has not less than 15 stuffed animals all in her bed at any given time.
- loves to read books. She picks out several books to read before bed each night and can "read" along with all of her favorites.
- has complete conversations with us. I love that she can now tell us about her day at school, etc.-is so sweet and loving. She will randomly say "I love you so much" to Jason or me or say "Mommy, you are my best buddy". I literally couldn't love her more.
- still LOVES dogs. She is also really obsessed with dinosaurs right now since learning about them at school.
-love to watch movies.
-has made some really sweet friends at school.
-loves to play outside and help Jason water the plants or plant the flower beds. She hates going on stroller rides though....she just doesn't love to sit that long.
-She still likes to read books, work puzzles (she can do pretty big puzzles all on her own) and play stickers. She also likes to color, do play doh, etc.
- Is a total night owl. We put her to bed around 9pm and sometimes she doesn't fall asleep til 10:30. She likes to sleep in though and usually sleeps til 8-830 on the weekends when she doesn't have to get up for school. At school she still takes a good nap every day. On the weekends, her nap is hit or miss depending on what we have going on.
- is doing really well with her manners. She for sure has her moments, and we have to work on her attitude, but she is a fairly compliant kid and wants to make us happy.
- has been the BEST big sister. She has exceeded any and all expectations we had of her. She loves Lila and always wants to help with her.
- is extremely opinionated. She always knows what outfit she wants to wear, what song she wants to hear in the car (Taylor Swift is one of her favorites right now), what "friend" she wants to take to school that day, etc.
Addison, you make mommy and daddy so proud of you. We love you with all of our heart, and I love spending my days with you. I love to have conversations with you and listen to you laugh. I love taking you to have new experiences and seeing life through your eyes. Your mommy and daddy love you so much and are so blessed you are our daughter.
Questions We Asked Addie at 3:
1. What is something mommy always says to you? "to tee tee in the potty" (we are in the midst of potty training)
2. What makes you happy? "Food"
3. What makes you sad? "T-Rexes" (She loves dinosaurs and knows the T-Rexes are the mean ones)
4. What makes you laugh? "Lila"
5. How old are you? "3 years old"
6. How old is Mommy? "3 years old"
7. How old is Daddy? "3 years old"
8. What is your favorite thing to do? "seeing Shamu" (We asked her these questions in the car on the way to San Antonio...we were heading to Sea World)
9. Who is your best friend? "Rudolf (that was the "friend" she took with her in the car), Wyatt and Harper because they're sweet"
10. What is your favorite food? "Chick a la" (I love how she says this....leaving out the "fil" was not a type-o)
11. What is your favorite song? "Taylor Swift"
12. What is your favorite animal? "horses" (not sure where this came from)
13. Where do you live? "Houston"
14. Where is your favorite place to go? "Mimi and Papaw's house on the airplane"
She sleeps so soundly and is so difficult to get up if she isn't just waking up on her own.
Fun at Maria's bday party
Dancing with Clifford
Playing with the dinosaur she picked from the treasure chest at school