Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yum Yum

The weekend before Ad turned 6 months old, we gave her her first taste of food.  I mixed a little rice cereal with some breast milk on Friday night and gave her a few spoonfuls.  We made the cereal super liquidy for her first meal, and she took it fairly well.  She didn't eat much, but we are just working on getting the hang of it for now.  The next day I gave her a few bites of avacado while my parents were in town, and she didn't seem to like it very much.  She would close her eyes and shake her head like it was the worst thing she had ever tasted.  haha  I think next time, I may mix it with a little milk and see if it goes better.  All this week, her teachers have been giving her cereal for breakfast and carrots for lunch and say she has been doing great with both.  For now, she is just having the two meals a day.  Once she increases her consumption at those meals, we will move to a breakfast, lunch and dinner routine.  Jason and I received a Beaba baby food maker as a gift so I made several batches of baby food over the weekend as well.  I froze them in ice cube trays so they will be ready in single serving sizes for the next several weeks.  I made sweet potatoes, carrots and squash.  I look forward to introducing Addison to new foods, and hopefully watching her become an adventurous and healthy eater. 
 
 
Rice Cereal....Take one
 






 
Avacado....Take two
 
 

No comments: