Sunday, February 10, 2013

6 Months




On February 2nd, Addison turned 6 months old.  I can hardly believe we are already half way to the big first birthday.  I asked Jason the other day what he thought the theme of her first birthday party should be, and he just looked at me like I had lost my mind.  haha  I am loving this age and soaking up each month with our precious baby girl. 

Weight:  15 lbs 9.6 oz  (~40th percentile)
Height:  26 inches  (~60th percentile)
Head:  16.5 inches  (~35th percentile)

At 6 months, Addison.....
- is wearing 6 month clothes and jammies, but several of her 6 month pants are starting to look like capris.
- is wearing a size 2 diaper.
- is wearing a size 1 or 2 shoe when she wears shoes.
- is nursing anywhere in the range of every 2-4 hours during the day (when she is with me) and takes 3-4 6oz bottles during the day when she is at school.
- is holding her bottle by herself.  Her teachers put her in the bouncer next to them, and she feeds herself.
- took her first bit of formula this month.  I just couldn't keep up pumping enough milk for 4 6oz bottles.  I took it a little hard at first but then realized you can only do so much.  She takes one bottle that is 4 oz of formula and 2 oz of breastmilk per day at school.  The other bottles are all breastmilk so far.
- has started eating solids twice a day (breakfast and lunch).  So far she has had rice cereal, oatmeal, peaches, carrots, squash, avacado and sweet peas.  I'm sure the list will grow drastically in the next month.
-is sitting really well.  She rarely topples over unless she lunges for a toy out of reach.
- is playing really well with her toys.  Right now her favorites are her Sophie the giraffe, this Baby Einstein toy that lights up and plays music and the play gym toy that Santa brought her.
- is scooting and moving to get to her toys.  I can tell she wants to crawl so bad.  She lays on her belly and does the worm to scoot where she wants to go.  She also does 360's all the time which is so funny.
-is such a wiggle worm.  She loves to stand and roll and squirm around in your arms.
- laughs and smiles all the time which is one of my very favorite things.
- burries her head in my shoulder when she gets shy or flirty.
- has started reaching for me when someone else is holding her, and I'm nearby.
- usually starts the night sleeping in her crib and ends the night in our room.  Baby steps.  :)  She mostly sleeps on her back (still with her arms above her head) but occasionally flips herself to her belly and sleeps that way (with her hands up by her face....it's so cute).
- likes to read books and really pays attention for 2-3 short books. We read every night before bed and other times throughout the day when I am at home.

Happy 6 month birthday baby girl!! Mommy and daddy love you so very much!

















No comments: