Wednesday, February 13, 2013

30

Last weekend, I turned the big 3-0, which I think makes me a legit adult.  It was a weekend full of surprises and fun, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to enter the next decade of my life.  My parents and Cale had planned to come up for the weekend, but I was shocked when Cody walked in the door Thursday evening.  He drove in from New Mexico to spend my b-day weekend with me.  Such a great brother.  On Friday morning, my mom made us all breakfast, and the boys headed out for a round of golf in the gorgeous weather.  They then informed me that my sweet sister-in-law Brittany was flying in that afternoon to spend the weekend with us as well.  Another great surprise.  We had some friends and family over Friday evening, and my parents cooked a super yummy meal.  My dad grilled every kind of meat imaginable, and my mom made sides and dessert.  YUM.  Saturday morning, Monica took Addie's 6-month pictures downtown so my mom, Brittany and I spent the morning acting like clowns trying to get some smiles.  That evening, my parents babysat so Jason and I could go out to dinner with some friends baby-free.  They even kept Addie with them over night so I could get a full night's sleep....best gift ever!  We had dinner at Capital Grill, and everything was soooo good.  They brought champagne and dessert for the table and really made the evening feel special.  Mom made another yummy breakfast on my actual b-day before everyone had to head back home.  It was such a fantastic weekend with my family.  Thanks everyone for making me feel so loved.


Great things come in little boxes.

For my 30th bday, Jason gave me another band for my wedding ring.  #besthusbandever
 
(Don't mind my jacked up finger.  I seared it with my new curling wand.  haha)

Britt and Addison

Playing Peek a Boo Barn on the ipad with Papaw and Mimi


Melissa and I toasting my bday

Girls



Yummy lunch

Rare shot of the whole family together

No comments: