On January 2nd, Addison turned 5 months old. She is really starting to develop a personality and is such a sweet baby. It really is hard to believe how much I love my baby girl.
At 5 months, Addison.....
- is wearing 3-6 months clothes and jammies.
- is wearing a size 2 diaper.
- is wearing a size 2 shoe when she wears shoes.
- is nursing every 2-3 hours during the day (when she is with me) and takes 3-4 5oz bottles during the day when she is at school. We still haven't started any solids, but I am looking forward to that next month.
- is still a great eater but has started getting distracted more easily while eating. She always stops eating to look around and usually gives me a huge grin before she goes back for more.
- has not been sleeping very well since she had a cold for about a month and was spoiled over the Christmas holidays. I think we are starting to turn a corner though, and she has been sleeping a little better at night lately. We are working on getting her on a loose schedule.
-no longer has bald spots. Her hair has grown back in and is still red.
- has given us a few real belly laughs and is still smiling and talking all the time.
- is rolling from her back to her tummy all the time. She did this for the first time on December 15th.
-can sit unassisted for several seconds and even up to a minute a couple of times.
- has really become interested in toys and playing.
- always wants to be where the action is. She hates to be left alone. Her teachers even said that she is fine entertaining herself as long as she is close by them. If they walk away, she gets her feelings hurt and starts to fuss.
- has started to show a couple early signs of an attitude. She will kick her legs so hard and arch her back when she is really mad.
- has started crying a few real tears. It's so sad.
- is still sleeping in our room....we know, we know....she should be in her crib by now. I think we are going to transition her to the crib after I finish quarter at the end of this month. She does nap in her crib occasionally for short periods of time when we are at home. Santa brought her a mobile for her crib so we are hoping that will help with the transition.
- outgrew her bath sponge and had her first bath in her little bathtub this month. She still LOVES her baths.
- celebrated her first Christmas with family and just ate up all the attention.
- likes to read books and really pays attention for 2-3 short books. We read every night before bed and other times throughout the day when I am at home.
Happy 5 month birthday baby girl!! Mommy and daddy love you so very much!
First bath is our big girl tub
playing at school