Monday, January 31, 2011

26.2 Miles

Yesterday (Jan. 30th) was the Houston Marathon and Half Marathon.  I knew several people running, including Jason's sister Jenn.  Despite the drizzly weather, we headed out to support Jenn and watch the race.  We saw her around mile 11, then headed to somewhere between mile 16 and 17.  At that point, she said she was hurting pretty bad and was going to need alot of support towards the end.  I decided to head home and change so I could run with her at the end.  We met up with her again between mile 21 and 22.  Justin and I jumped in and ran the last 5 miles with her.  This was her first marathon, and she did really well.  We are all very proud.  After ther race, we all met up at Canyon Creek for lunch and a post-race celebration.  Congrats Jenn and all of my other friends/co-workers on such a great accomplishment!!!  Watching the race ALMOST makes me want to try it next year.

Justin, Jenn and I trotting it in.  Jenn making time for a brief smile for her supporters at the finish line.


It is so fun to watch the races bc you see all kinds of people.  We saw this guy with his crazy hat in several spots of the race.
Bride and Groom.  Jason met another spectator that knew this couple and said that they got married in a VERY brief ceremony mid-way through the race.  Pretty crazy.

The family

Jenn's best friend, Amber, made her this cute sign.  See is too sweet!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Jenn's cheering section was right to the left of me! How funny. You should do it next year. I'm thinking about switching from the half to the full. We'll see. :)