Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Time has once again gotten away from me, and the blog updates have suffered.  I celebrated my 28th birthday on February 10th.  Instead of going out to eat, I decided that I wanted a low-key night at home so Jason grilled us some yummy steaks for dinner, and we rented a movie.  He then surprised me with a Nikon D5000.  I was shocked and so excited.  I usually tell him exactly what I want for my birthday, but this year I really didn't know so I didn't tell him anything.  He completely outdid himself with this gift.  If this is what I can expect, I may never give him hints again.  :)  I have had fun toying with the camera and trying to learn all the settings.  So far, I have learned enough to know that I know very little and that there is alot of learning in my future.  I have really enjoyed reading all about the camera and techniques online.  Now if I can only apply it....


The weekend of my birthday, Jason and I headed up to the lake to spend the weekend with his parents.  Jason and his dad worked on tiling the master bathroom most of the weekend.  I played with my camera quite a bit, and his mom and I started painting trim on the outside of the house.  The weather was perfect all weekend, and it was nice to get away.  Below are a few pics from the lake...





1 comment:

Jenny said...

That camera is awesome! Your hubby did good!!