Friday, January 7, 2011

Week in Harlingen

The Monday after Christmas, I flew down to Harlingen to visit my family.  After my flight was delayed 3 hours I finally arrived and headed straight to my grandparents for dinner and to see a bunch of family.  We had a great night hanging out and playing cards.  Tuesday morning, my dad and I headed up to hunt with Norton.  My dad ended up shooting a nilgai and a pig, Norton shot a pig, and I shot a doe on Wednesday morning before heading back to Harlingen.  We all had a great time riding around in the Jeep and getting to hunt.  Thanks Norton!!  Jason flew in on Wednesday, and the boys all went to golf 9 holes before meeting my mom and I at Pepe's for dinner.  We got great news that night that Kelsey had delivered Miss Macie Jane Stocker.  Everyone is happy and healthy, and I am already in love with that precious baby girl.  The boys headed out to hunt on Thursday morning while my mom and I went to visit Kels and Macie and to do some shopping.  That evening we grilled steaks and watched a few bowl games.  My mom and I hung out again on Friday while Dad and Jason golfed again before we headed back to Houston late that afternoon.  It was a great time but, as usual, went by too fast. Thanks mom and dad for a fantastic week.  I love you tons!!

 Dad with his nilgai
 Dad with his pig
 
 Sitting around the campfire is one of my favorite things about being at the ranch.
 Norton let me shoot this doe on our way back into camp on Wednesday morning.

 Father/Daughter time 


 Meeting Miss Macie Jane
 Macie and I with her beautiful mama...just another memory to add to the many that Kelsey and I have together.
 So glad Charlie made is back from his deployment for Macie's birth
 Mom and I couldn't get enough.  We stayed and visited for over two hours. 
Close up of her sweet face 

No comments: