Saturday, August 18, 2012

Nursery

Jason and I finalized the nursery the week before Addison was born once we finally decided on her name.  We were both really pleased with how it turned out, and it has a very calming feel to it.  The pictures are a little out of order, but you get the idea.

 I made this chalkboard to hang outside her door.  I thought it would be fun to be able to change the wording on it and use it for her monthly pictures.
 Looking in from the door


We had her dresser made by the same guy in the heights that built our dining room table.  He did a few paint samples for me to choose from, and I was thrilled with the results.  I bought some glass knobs from Anthropologie that gave it a little feminine touch.
 Jenn and Jason came over a few months ago to help Jason paint the nursery.  I unfortunately didn't take any pictures, but here is Jason doing some touch-ups the next night.  I literally bought 10 paint samples before finally deciding on a color.  Ridiculous I know, but at least I ended up being super happy with the decision.
Jason and I ended up buying by cousins crib that they are no longer using.  We picked it up the weekend we were in Harlingen for our baby shower.  It matched the nursery perfectly and saved us some money.  I really love it.  Thanks Travis and Sarah.








My mom thought the bathroom needed to match the nursery and found this super cute shower curtain, rug, lamp, etc to spruce it up.  She had it all ready and surprised me when I got home from work a few days before Addie was born.  It is perfect!!

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I have loved all your posts. You look great and she is seriously just beautiful!! Her nursery is really pretty- I love how it's so soft and feminine but still modern.