Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Harlingen Weekend

Jason flew in Friday night to spend with weekend with us as well.  He and my dad golfed Saturday morning while mom and I attended the baby shower.  Later that afternoon, we headed up to the farm so dad could show Jason and I the crops and new windmills.  The crops are looking really great for this time of year, and we are just praying the weather holds out til they can get them harvested.  The family is also really excited about all the windmills that are being put in on our land.....my grandpa especially.  He has been driving around checking in with all the crews each day and has even earned himself a hardhat.  haha  after driving around the farm, we stopped by to visit with grandma and grandpa and had a really great evening.  I just love being home, and it makes me so happy to spend time with family.  It was such a great weekend, and I am already looking forward to the next time I will get to go home to visit.

The base for a new windmill going up.  The whole they dig is enormous and amount of concrete used for the base is really fascinating.
Dad and Jason taking a closer look
The cotton is starting to bloom and looks so pretty in the field.  Dad was explaining alot of the details to Jason.
The grain is just starting to turn colors, meaning harvest isn't too far off.  :)
Love my grandparents.  Aren't they precious!!

No comments: