Monday, December 13, 2010

Gobble Til You Wobble

I am playing catch-up on our blog once again.  I hope that each of you had a very happy Thanksgiving.  We all have so much to be thankful for.  This was the year that Jason and I were supposed to spend Thanksgiving with my family, but my parents decided to go up and visit Cody and Britt since they had just moved.  They spent a week in Memphis with them and said they had a great time.  Jason and I decided to just stay in Houston and have Thanksgiving with the Mayeaux's.  Our Thanksgiving started out sad as we received a call from Jason's mom that morning saying that Jason's nanny (his great-grandma) had passed away early that morning.  As I mentioned in my previous post, she was 92 and battling cancer.  She lived a really long life, and I am grateful I got to know her.  We all know she is in a better place now, but please keep Jason's family in your prayers.  Despite the sad morning, we still had a great lunch and great day with family.  Jason's parents hosted Thanksgiving, and we all brought various dishes to contribute.  Everyone ate too much as usual, and I am truly thankful to have such a great family with whom to share the holidays.  That evening, Jason and I headed home to cheer on the Aggies as they beat Texas in football.  Whoop!!  That win sealed a spot in the Cotton Bowl for the Ags in January.  Hopefully they can keep up their winning streak against LSU!!  The rest of the weekend was spent just relaxing, shopping, and watching a ton more football.  Here are a few pics from Thanksgiving.......


 Jason and Jason...Connelly joined us for Thanksgiving this year.
 Deanna, Grandma Bev, and Donna workin' in the kitchen.

 Jessica, Jenn, and Justin

No comments: