Monday, December 13, 2010

Deck the Halls

I love decorating for Christmas.  So much so, that this year I got a little over-zealous and decorated our house the weekend before Thanksgiving since we weren't having people at our house for Thanksgiving.  I kept things mostly the same as last year and just added a few new things here and there.  I was pleased with the way things turned out, and I just love sitting in the living room with the fireplace on and the Christmas tree lit.  It makes me so happy.  Below are tons of pics of our Christmas decor.

 The buffet in the kitchen....I added this gold, glittery reindeer that I bought on sale last year after Christmas.  I added some of the same red, sparkly netting I used on our Christmas tree and some greenery.  I also filled an apothecary jar with peppermints and ornaments.
 Kitchen Table
 Our 2010 Christmas Tree.  Despite putting the netting up and taking it down several times, I am finally happy with it and really pleased with the final product.  I used the netting this year instead of ribbon, added a topper to our tree this year, and used a gold swag as a tree skirt.

 Close-up of our tree topper....I just stuck in several glittery sticks in red and gold.  I love how it turned out.
 This year we added a Pebble Beach ornament to our tree.  We are continuing to buy ornaments from each of our trips so we can think back on all of our vacations at Christmas time.  I love this tradition we started for our family.

 Dining Room buffet

I kept the dining room center piece super simple.  I just used the red netting and burlap and added this tray I used to have on our coffee table.  I am putting our Christmas cards in the tray this year.  I LOVE getting Christmas cards.  I get so excited to check the mail every day this time of year.

 Fireplace...I put our nativity scene and some garland on top.  I love nativity scenes.  They remind me of my Grandma Johnson since she has collected hundreds of them over the years.
 Just a little touch of Christmas on our media stand.
 Coffee Table
 I love this angel in our half bath.
 Entry table
 I love having garland on our stair rails.


2 comments:

Brittany said...

Everything looks amazing! I'm obsessed with the tree topper.

Jenny said...

Seriously, you have missed your calling!