Monday, March 2, 2015

Picasso

A few Friday's ago, I was off work with surprisingly no plans so I registered Addie for an art class at our local Gymboree.  I didn't have a ton of expectations going in, and honestly just felt lukewarm about the experience.  Addie, however, LOVED it and asks to go to art class every time we drive down Dairy Ashford.  There was a mix of stay at home moms with their kids and a group of nanny's with their "kids"....most of which were weekly attenders.  They let the kids use cookie cutters with play-doh at the beginning, followed by two art projects (a paper bag made into a puppy and a duck complete with feathers) and story time.  Everything had a "D" theme for the day.  The class ended with the teacher giving each kid a stamp on each hand, each foot and even one on their belly which I found super odd.  Of course, the belly stamp lasted about 4 days despite my scrubbing.  Sheesh.  Below are a few pics of my sweet girl crafting (Lila snoozed in her car seat the entire class which actually worked out perfect).







No comments: