Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My First Mother's Day

Becoming a mother has been one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me.  Addison makes my life feel complete.  Mothering her is a ton of work, but honestly, there is nothing I would rather do.  Jason and I are both blessed with wonderful mother's who have taught us how to be great parents.  We are both so thankful for our moms, and although we appreciate them every day, it's nice there is a day set aside to honor them.  Unfortunately, my mom lives far away so I didn't get to see her on Mother's Day, but we were able to spend the afternoon with Deanna.  We got together with the family for a late lunch and just hung out.  The boys watched golfed, we sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather and ate tons of yummy food.  It was truly a fantastic day.
A few pics with my girl:





Dad even snuck in for a few:




Jason and Addie made my first Mother's Day so special.  We woke up early, and they gave my this cute bag to use on our upcoming vacation.  As part of my gift, I am also going to the spa when we head to Florida.  Can't wait!


I received two roses....one from my sweet hubby and one from my sweet baby.  :)

I made this yummy strawberry cake to take for Mother's Day lunch, and it was TO DIE FOR.  I am already wanting an excuse to make it again.

No comments: