Thursday, June 10, 2010

Celebrating 1 Year

Jason and I celebrated our 1-year anniversary with a fantastic dinner at Rainbow Lodge.  I had been wanting to try this restaurant for a while so we figured an anniversary dinner was a good excuse.  It's such a cozy restaurant with a great atmosphere.  It is built like a log cabin and is super rustic.  They have a very "gamey" menu different from anywhere I have been.  We ordered the "taste of the wild" appetizer that had venison skewers, some kind of sausage, and wild game tostadas.  We each had the beef tenderloin for an entree.  Since we had the anniversary tier of our cake at home, we bypassed dessert.  I love trying new restaurants and definitely would recommend this for a special occasion.  When we got home we each had a piece of our wedding cake that Jason's mom kept in her freezer for us for the last year.  I was pleasantly surprised that it was still very yummy.  Neither of us got to have cake on the night of our wedding other than the bite we fed each other for the pictures so we enjoyed finally getting to indulge in a piece.  We also opened up our box of cards that everyone wrote to us at rehearsal dinner.  Some were funny, some full of advice, and of course some asking if we are expecting babies yet (which we aren't).  I really love that my family has this tradition, and Jason and I both enjoyed laughing and reading all the cards.  I decided that my favorite was written by Olivia (Jason's grandma) which said "Marriage is give and take...Katie, you take!!"  haha  This has been a fantastic year, and I look forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with Jason.

 Jason surprised me with this beautiful vase of flowers on Sunday.  They were gorgeous and made our entire second floor smell so good.  I just love them!!

 Jason and I posing after dinner


 Cutting our anniversary cake

1 comment:

Nicole Hoff said...

Happy Anniversary! Really sweet pictures!