Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let Wedding Season Begin

Last Saturday (April 24th), I kicked off wedding season by hosting a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law, Miss Brittany Brown, at my home.  Our good family friend Patti Dorsett hosted the shower with me, and we had so much fun planning it.  I don't think my brother could have picked a more precious girl to marry, and I was so glad we got to celebrate with her.  We had a great turn-out at the shower.  Several of my aunts on my Dad's side of the family drove up as well as my Grandma and Mom.  Brittany's mom, grandma, and sister were also able to join us from San Antonio as well as several of Brittany's friends.  It was great getting to visit with everyone, and I was so thankful the shower turned out exactly as planned.

 The drink bar.  I got to use my crystal glasses that Jason and I received as wedding gifts.  We had lemonaid, wine, and white wine spritzers which were delicious.


Sign in/gift table

Patti and I made lots of yummy food to snack on during the shower.  I was really excited about how it all turned out.

Patti's marinated cheese.  I am just going to go out on a limb and say that this is the best cheese appetizer you will ever eat.  I am definitely obsessed.

 I made bright colored sugar cookies to match the invitations. 


Brittany with the hostesses (Patti and I)

Brittany with her mom and future mother-in-law

Kim, Shelby, and Aunt Sherry

Aunt Susan, Kirby (Britt's sister), and Denice (Britt's mom)

Mom, Aunt Ann, and Aunt Susan

Aunt Ann, Aunt Sherry, and Grandma signing the bride's book

Britt opening gifts.  She got so many fun goodies.

Shelby helped Brittany open all her gifts.  Aunt Sherry and Grandma got Brittany a blender.  Since it was being shipped, they wrapped up a bottle of tequila for her to open at the shower.  You can always count on those two for a good time!

No comments: