Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Whole Lot of Christmas- Part 1

For some reason I can't make this picture go to the bottom so you will just have to imagine it is with the other one. :)


Jason and I had a fantastic Christmas this year, so much so that I need to break it up into a couple different posts. This year was our year to spend Christmas in Harlingen. Before we made the trip down South, we got together with Jason's Dad's side of the family to celebrate Christmas. We went to his grandma's house and had appetizers and fun catching up with everyone. Everyone went together to buy Grandma Bev a new tv so the boys busied themselves getting everything set up for her and teaching her how the new and improved tv operated. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera out for pictures. For the last several years, I have hunted with Norton (a good friend of our family) over the Christmas break. Jason had to work so I decided to fly down early so I could get my hunting fix. Usually the hunt consists of my dad and Norton shooting everything in site while I ride around in the Jeep and provide entertainment and good conversation. This year's hunt started out business as usual until we rounded a corner and saw a group of female nilgai standing about 150 yards away. Norton surprised me by asking if I wanted to shoot one. I quickly accepted, grabbed Norton's gun, and pulled the trigger. It had been several years since I shot anything, and I had an absolute blast. We had dinner at the camp that night and hunted the next morning before heading back into town. Thanks Norton for such a fun trip. I have so many cherished memories growing up hunting with my dad. I remember being just a little girl with my camo coveralls, red cowboy boots, and ratty ponytail having the best time of my life. I looked forward to those trips of spending such quality time with my dad. Although the hunting outfits have changed over the years, I still cherish getting to be a part of what my dad loves to do. I love that he instilled a love for the outdoors in me and has taught me so much over the years.



No comments: