Saturday, October 19, 2013

Wigin' Out

Somehow life has just been in the way lately, and I have totally fallen off the blog wagon.  Getting so far behind causes a lot of stress for my type-A personality, but hopefully I can just do a few quick posts and get caught up to present day life.

Back at the beginning of September, I headed to Galveston for my first girl's-only weekend since Addie was born for one of my best friend's bachelorette party.  We rented this really great, old house and had the best time just hanging with the girls.  The house had a small pool in the backyard so we lounged by the pool Friday night and all day Saturday before heading out for dinner and a night on the town.  Cianne, planned such a fun weekend for Melissa, and it was so great to just enjoy some carefree girl time.


Saturday night, we all wore wigs (or hot pink extensions in my case) for our night on the town.  It went along with the theme for the weekend and ended up being really fun and causing lots of attention without all the traditional bachelorette garb.

One of my favorite girls

Meanwhile, while I was enjoying a weekend away, Jason took Addie down to the lake to hang out with his fam.  They both had a great time, and I don't think ever even realized I was gone.  Addie got tons of attention from her Aunt Jenn and Nana and loved going up and down the stairs to the backyard.













No comments: