On August 2nd, Addison turned 1 year old. She is officially a toddler, and I just can't believe I am writing her 12 month post.
Height: 31" (~95th percentile)
Weight: 22lbs 9.6oz (~85th percentile)
Head: 18.5" (~92nd percentile)
Addison has grown so much since her last dr's appointment at 9 months. She has jumped up in all categories and has gotten really solid.....prob due to the fact that she is a fantastic eater.
At 12 months, Addison.....
- is wearing 12 month clothes and jammies.
- is wearing a size 3 diaper and a size 3 night-time diaper.
- is wearing a size 3-4 shoe when she wears shoes.
- still just has 2 bottom teeth.
- takes 4 6oz bottles each day.
- chugs water out of her sippy cups.
- eats 3 meals and 1 snack per day. She is eating pretty much whatever we eat now and is a great eater. She eats most everything we give her and really only dislikes potatoes.
- is a full blown walker. She will follow us around the house and can even run when we chase her.
- Still loves the pool and went swimming several more times this month.
- points at things she wants is getting really good at communicating what she wants/needs. When we pick her up from school each afternoon, she points at the door bc she knows she is getting to go home. Our baby is getting so smart.
- will say mama to me and dada to Jason. It is soooo cute. She loves to say mama and walks around saying mama over and over throughout the day.
-has gotten more stingy with her kisses, but we still get them occassionally and love those big sloppy kisses.
-is babbling and trying to say new words all the time. She has some animal books, and I really think she can say cat and duck when we point to them.
- LOVES dogs. She grunts and point and tries to bark when we ask what the dog says.
- is busy busy busy. She is constantly on the move. She has gotten better about playing by herself with her toys.
-HATES being left in the room alone, even if just for one second. She likes to be in the middle of the action.
-She LOVES to read lots and lots of books. She starts grunting for the next one as soon as you finish the one you are reading. She loves to sit and flip the pages herself. When she plays with her books on the floor, she will turn and turn the books til they are facing the right direction. Smart baby.
- Still ends up in bed with Jason and I each night somewhere around 2-3am. Now that she is one, I know I need to make her stay in her crib. It is just going to take some "crying it out" which I dread. One day soon, we are going to have to take the plunge. When she wakes up at night and we go pick her up, she points at the door to our room bc she knows she will get to go get in bed with us. haha
Addison, our lives have been so blessed the last year with you in them. I love watching you grow and learn. I thank God every day for letting me be your mom. Happy birthday baby girl!! Mommy and daddy love you so very much!