Sunday, March 18, 2012

Memorial Park, Mud Bugs and Maternity Clothes

The title of this post pretty much sums up my weekend.  Saturday morning I woke up and decided I wanted to go walk a lap around Memorial Park.  I called Deanna to see if she wanted to go, and we decided to take Tucker.  He was in to EVERYTHING, and we took turns dragging each other around the track.  We were worn out after making the loop but had a really good time.  Once we made it around the track, Jason met us for a burger at Beck's, and we all enjoyed lunch on the back patio.



Later that afternoon, Beth and Lynda were hosting a crawfish boil so I headed over to hang out for a few hours.  They made tons of food and had everything so festive for St. Patrick's Day.  A great time was had by all.


 Lynda's parents were in town, and her dad wanted to compare bellies.  haha
 Some of my favorite girls
 Even Shiner had on his festive green.
 The Shannonhouses
 Lynda, Me and Natalie
Jim had built these great tables to hold the cooked crawfish.  They worked like a charm.

The last week or so some of my pants have been getting a little on the tight side.  I was starting to get nervous that I would wake up one day and not have any pants that fit to wear to work so I headed to the mall today to attempt to solve that problem.  Although pretty much every item of maternity clothing I tried on was rather comfy, I was having a difficult time convincing myself that any of them looked good.  I think next time I need to take a partner in crime for an added opinion and moral support.  I did end up buying one pair of black work pants and 2 shirts.  Since some of my clothes still fit, I figure that will hold me over for a little while until I take the plunge into all maternity wear.  Today also marks the half-way point in my pregnancy....20 weeks!!  Another post on that coming soon.  Hope you all had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dresses and tunics work wonders! and you can always buy inexpensive tights to wear under them, low boots or flats :) if your pants still fit, just not around the belly, you can always buy a belly belt ( you can make one if you can't find one) its essentially just a piece of cloth attached to elastic with a hole on one side for the existing button, and buttons on the other side for the existing hole. Or a belly band or you can buy a tube top and wear it over your unbuttoned pants where it hides the zipper area, underneath a shirt so i gives the layered look. When in doubt I found it necessary for retail therapy when i gave up on cute maternity clothes since they really didn't have any when i was pregnant. I bought jewelry and purses...because no matter how big i got...they always fit :) ENJOY!