Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Yard" Work

Jason watering

Finished product

Definite improvement in my opinion


One of the benefits of owning a townhouse is that you don't ever have to mess with doing yard work...or so we thought. Jason and I have a small flower bed on each side of our front door. The builders planted a tree on one side, but the other side has been bare. We agreed that when the weather got nicer, we would try to spruce up the other bed so our "curb" appeal (now there's an HGTV term for you) was a little more inviting. Last weekend, we had absolutely gorgeous weather so Jason and I decided to head to Houston garden center and pick out a few plants for our flower bed. It was a much more drawn out process than we were expecting. I think mostly due to the fact that neither of know much about plants, and I kept changing my mind about what I wanted in the bed. Once I finally made up my mind, Jason and I churned up the dirt in the bed, pulled weeds, added new soil, planted the plants, and re-mulched everything. I was very pleased with the results and think it was a definite improvement. Now we will see if we can just keep it all alive and looking as good as it does right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how this turned out! Now, not only do you have to help me decorate the inside of my house - now you get to help me with the outside! Lucky you! ;)