Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Forward

Entry Way table. I removed the red berries I had in the vase for winter and replaced them with huge, colorful Gerber Daisies. They just seem so cheery. I also added a wicker bunny and scattered a few large Easter eggs.

Topiary and bird on top of my new buffet. Doesn't it just feel like spring? Jason totally laughed at me for adding the bird, but I just think he is so cute perched up there.

Our new buffet. I have been searching for a buffet to fit in this spot for several months and never found anything that I was quite happy with. Jason and I found this buffet on sale at Pottery Barn, and I loved it. We had some gift cards to Pottery Barn that we received as wedding gifts and a few I had received from EY so we decided to use them towards this buffet. After applying our gift cards it was practically free! The best kind of furniture. I just love it and was so glad I was patient until I found exactly what I wanted.

My precious little bunny hanging out in the center of our kitchen table. I just love the expression on his face. I found this little guy at Marshall's right when their spring stuff first came out.

I changed out the stuff in my apothecary jar, added some Spanish moss and fake eggs around and called it a day for the center of our coffee table. I also put some Sweet tart jelly beans in a bowl. They may or may not already be gone. These are the only kind of jelly beans I like, and I have only been able to find them around Easter each year. The only problem with them is that they never last very long once I get them home.

Despite the fact that you lose an hour of sleep, I just love daylight savings time. I love that it is still light outside when I get off work. I love that it means the weather is getting warmer, and I love that it means that it is one season closer to my favorite time of year...SUMMER! I also love that you get to put the winter decorations away and bring out the spring decor. I didn't do alot to the house, but the few things I did just made me feel so refreshed and ready for the new season (if Houston is even considered to have real seasons). Happy Spring!

No comments: