Monday, February 22, 2016

Showering Melissa and Baby Reed

In mid-January, I helped host a baby shower for my long-time friend Melissa.  I could not be more thrilled that she will be having a baby boy this spring.  All of the hostesses were supposed to meet an hour before the shower to help set up.  I got myself ready, drove an hour to The Woodlands, miraculously showed up right on time, and when I went to the front door, nobody answered.  Odd.  I headed back to the car to double check the address, and realized that the shower was an hour later than I thought.  Awesome.  Since I had an hour to kill and was kid free, I put the car in reverse and headed out for a quick shopping trip to kill some time.  I ended up with this cute little leopard dress so I would say that my crisis was officially averted.  :)  We ended up having a wonderful shower for Melissa, and I am so excited to meet Reed!
 
Decided this dress needed to come home with me

I can't take credit for any of the décor (I was in charge of food), but Casey had everything looking so darn cute for this nautical shower.  She really outdid herself.


There were little nautical touches all over the place and everything felt really special.








The cupcakes were topped with Reed's "picture"


Melissa and Reed!

We each painted little blocks for Reed to play with.  This was mine.  :)

Meanwhile, back at home, super dad got both girls to nap together in our bed for several hours.

I just love these cuddly sisters

Shower hostesses with Melissa

No comments: