Tuesday, December 2, 2014

4 Months- LDM



 
On November 13th, Lila turned 4 months old.  She is such a smiley baby and such a joy to have in our family.  

Weight:   12lbs, 2oz (~12th %)
Height:  25" (~77%)
Head:  15.5" (~19%)

At 4 months, Lila.....
- is still wearing 3-6 months clothes and jammies.
- is wearing a size 2 diaper.
- was nursing every 2-3 hours during the day (when she was with me) and takes 3 5oz bottles during the day when she is at school.  We had to start supplementing formula the week she turned 4 months old.  I was not able to produce enough milk for her while at work, and I ran out of milk in the freezer.  Her weight at her 4 month check-up dropped percentage-wise so I had to bite the bullet.    I had high hopes of being able to nurse her much longer than 4 months, but it just wasn't in the cards for us.  I had been struggling with my milk supply and even made a batch of lactation cookies, but then the dreaded stomach bug hit our house, and I could not stomach eating them again after that.  She seems to be doing well with the formula though so we are adjusting just fine.
- is sleeping anywhere from 8-10 hours at night.....although has been waking up sometimes in the middle of the night lately since she has been coughing.  :(
- is smiling and talking all the time.  I love seeing her huge dimples.
- rolls from her back to belly all the time.
-LOVES to stand (with us holding her up).  She likes to be up so she can see what is going on. 
- is sleeping in the rock n play in our room.  I told myself I was going to move her to her crib earlier than I did with Addie, but so far that hasn't happened.
- is bathing in her bathtub rather than on the sponge and really likes her bath.
- has found her feet and loves to play with them often.

Happy 4 month birthday baby girl!! I can't imagine our life without you in it anymore.  You make your mommy and daddy so happy.






No comments: