On May 2nd, Addison turned 21 months old. I feel like she has really grown since my last update, and her vocabulary has really taken off. She doesn't go back to the doctor until she is 2 so we don't have any stats to update.
At 21 months, Addison.....- is wearing 24 month and 2T clothes and jammies.
- is wearing a size 4 diaper.
- is wearing a size 6 shoe (she can still fit into some of her 5's too) and still LOVES wearing her shoes and has an opinion on which ones she wears each day.
- has a mouth full of teeth. I don't dare stick my fingers in there to count them anymore.
-her hair has really gotten longer. She wears a ponytail each day to keep it out of her eyes. We still haven't given her a haircut.
- Still takes a bottle before bed. I know I should try to remedy this before the new baby gets here, but I can't seem to motivate myself.
- eats 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. She had become slightly more picky and hadn't been too into anything with meat, but she just started eating meat again so we are happy about that. She still loves fruit and veggies....especially grapes.
- understands soooo much. She understands most things we tell her to do and follows instructions well.
- is stringing words together and talking a TON. She says too mayn words to even list out now but always talks in descriptives. She will point out her blue shoes or pink shirt or yellow bus, etc, etc. She also likes to say mommy's shoes or daddy's hat, etc. She knows most of her colors and animals. She really amazes me with the amount she has learned in the past few months.-still gives lots of hugs and kisses.
- still LOVES dogs. She says pup-E at least 25 times a day. She also gets very excited to see birds flying around.
- is busy busy busy. She is constantly on the move.
-loves going to school and loves to go bye bye. Every morning when we ask if she is ready to go play with her friends, she says yes, and starts naming all her friends in her class. It makes it so much easier dropping her off each day knowing she loves it so much. They do such a great job teaching her at school too which I love.
-loves to play outside. She begs for us to push her in her swing outside and to take rides in her wagon. She is also really into bubbles and has recently started playing with sidewalk chalk. We like to take walks around the neighborhood in search of puppies. When she wants to go outside, she will go find Jason's or my shoes and put them on our feet and say outside. haha
-She still likes to read books and point out all the things she knows in them.
- Has developed a love for stickers. We find stickers ALL over our house and furniture.
-She likes watching shows on the disney junior app on our phones. Her favorites are Callie the Sheriff, Doc McStuffins, Mickey and Little Einsteins.
- Sleeps from about 8:30-9:00pm to somewhere in the range of 7:00-8:00am 98% of the time in her crib.....she still sneaks in our bed for a few hours on a pretty rare occasion. She takes anywhere from a 45 minute to an hour and a half afternoon nap per day. She is not a huge napper but stays happy throughout the day so I think she just doesn't require a ton of sleep. When we are at home, we put her in her crib with a few books, and she "reads" for a while and then puts herself to sleep.
Painting in the yard
We painted Addie's toes for the first time this month
I was planning to wait until Ad was 2 to turn her car seat around, but when I had to take my car in to get the AC serviced, Jason re-installed it forward-facing. Addie loves it, and although it made me a little nervous, we never looked back.
Walking with MiMi at the park
My sweet, sassy girl