Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Father's Day

Jason and I have both been blessed with wonderful dads who love us unconditionally.  My dad is the best example of selflessness I can think of.  He is constantly doing things for others and has truly taught me that it is better to give than receive.  He is also such a hard worker and has always provided for our family.  On top of all of that, he is loads of fun.  Jason always jokes that he needs a vacation from our vacation every time we visit Harlingen bc my dad has so many fun activities lined up for us.  He developed in me a love for sports and the outdoors and has always been such a Godly example of what a wonderful husband and father should be. I truly cherish our relationship and feel blessed beyond what I deserve with such an amazing dad. 

Jason has been equally blessed with a great dad and I with a great father-in-law.  Howard is always willing to lend a hand and has helped us countless times moving, fixing things around our house, or repairing our cars.  He has spent the last year and half remodeling their lakehouse and has taught Jason so much along the way.  We have really enjoyed helping and learning the tricks of the trade in home renovation.  He and Jason share similar interests in cars and motorcross.  I know Jason has so many fond memories of car shows and BMX races growing up with his dad.  We are blessed that Jason's parents also live in Houston so we get to spend lots of time as a family.  This father's day was a little bittersweet as we recently found out that Howard has been diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer.  This news obviously has been a difficult adjustment for our family, but Howard has been blessed with an abundant amount of support from family and friends.  He will be starting treatment soon, and I ask that you please keep him in your prayers as he has a tough road ahead.  I know that God can give him and our family a peace that passes all understanding and extraordinary strength.

We were able to spend father's day at Jason's parents house this year.  We kept things simple and grilled burgers with lots of sides and just enjoyed the day with family.  I hope you were all able to do the same.  Happy Father's Day to all the great dads!!

Jenn with her boyfriend Jason and his precious little boy Jackson.
Howard, David, Skyler
Jason was in charge of the grill.
Jenn, Laura, Grandma O

No comments: