Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slumber Party

My cousin Kristi and her family moved to The Woodlands in June from Florida.  When she told her daughter Bailey that they were moving to Houston, Bailey told her that she wanted to have a slumber party with Jason and Katie.  I thought it was so cute that she thought of us and wanted to come spend the night at our house so I told her we would definitely plan to do that when they moved.  We were all down in Harlingen a few months ago visiting family, and Bailey reminded me again that she wanted to come spend the night.  It finally worked with both of our schedules for Bailey and her brother Cade to come stay with Jason and I last weekend.  I was off on Friday and had a hair appointment in The Woodlands so it worked out perfectly.  After my hair appointment, I met Kristi and the kids at Potbelly for lunch then Cade, Bailey and I headed back to Houston.  We played lots of card games until Jason got home from work that afternoon.  Jason's boss was kind enough to give us 4 great seats to the Astros game Friday night so we thought it would be fun to take the kids.  We ate dinner at the ballpark and let them get the ice cream that's served in the cute Astros helmets.  I am not sure how much of the game they actually watched, but we all had a great time.  We ended up leaving at the beginning of the 5th inning bc the kids were cold after eating their ice cream.  When we got back to the house, they got ready for bed, and we let them pick out a movie to rent.  After some negotiating (I think Cade agreed to give Bailey 2 silly bands) they decided to rent Antz.  Cade and Bailey didn't want to sleep in our guest room alone so we made pallets on our floor and all turned in for the night.  Saturday morning we had chocolate chip pancakes and waffles, eggs, and fruit.  Bailey helped me make breakfast and even cracked all the eggs by herself.  After breakfast we headed back downtown to the Acquarium.  Neither Jason or I had been, and we all thought it was really great.  There was lots to see, some fun hands-on exhibits, and rides.  All in all, it was a great day.  Saturday afternoon, we headed back to The Woodlands to take the kids home and celebrate Josh's birthday.  Thanks Kristi for having us over and trusting us with your kiddos.  We had such a great weekend with family.





















1 comment:

Karyn Hatch said...

Sounds fun! I can't believe Baily went on that ride that drops you!!!