Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Trot and Happy Thanksgiving

Jason's sister Jenn talked me into starting our Thanksgiving day by running in the Turkey Trot this year. We decided that it would be good to help raise money for a good cause and burn a few calories before enjoying Thanksgiving lunch. We woke up early on a cool Thanksgiving morning and headed over to Uptown Park to start the race. We ran the 10K (6.2 miles) and felt really great after. The weather was perfect, and it was a fun thing to do together. Thanks Jenn for convincing me to get up early and run! After the race, we headed home to get ready and headed over to Jason's parents house for a late lunch. We enjoyed great food, football, and fantastic time with family. It was my first major holiday not spent with my family, and although I missed them tons the Mayeaux's made me feel right at home and part of their family. One piece of advice my mom always gave me was when choosing a husband was you are not only marrying the man but you are also marrying the family. I think that it was excellent advice, and I am truly blessed to have married in to such a fantastic family who loves each other, supports each other, and sees the value in spending time together. Jason and I have so much to be thankful for. In our busy lives sometimes it is easy to forget how much we have been blessed with. It is so nice to have a day set aside to think about all the things we have to be thankful for. We hope that each of you had a Happy Thanksgiving and had time to reflect on all of the blessings in your lives!

No comments: