Saturday, September 25, 2010

"I Do"

Last weekend Jason and I attended a wedding for our friends Michael Simmons and Elizabeth Goicoechea.  They had a beautiful reception at the Crystal ballroom of the Rice hotel in downtown Houston.  I think their flowers were some of the most beautiful I had ever seen.  They had an amazing dinner...a Gorgonzola salad with candied walnuts, steak, a crab cake, veggies, and mashed potatoes.  Everything was delicious.  We also enjoyed a live band that played great wedding music.  Despite Jason having to miss the Tech/Texas game on TV, we had a fantastic time getting to hang out with good friends.  Congrats to the Simmons!!


 Picture of the ballroom.  Look at all the gorgeous flower arrangements.  They were all white hydrangeas, roses, calalilies, etc.  Seriously stunning.
 Liz and I
 Jason and I
 Jason and Ryan (aka "Goat")
Close-up of one of the flower arrangements.  The little white flowers on the top were all hand-glued to the curly willow in the vases.  Really beautiful and so detailed.

No comments: