Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two Weeks Notice

After a little over three years at Ernst & Young, I officially put in my two weeks notice today. After Jason and I weighed all the pros and cons, I decided to accept a senior financial analyst position at RRI Energy in their financial reporting group. I write this post with mixed emotions. I am super excited about this new opportunity and new chapter in my life but am also sad to leave Ernst & Young. I have been blessed over the last three years to work with incredibly wonderful people that made my job enjoyable (even during the crazy busy-season times when we were working insane hours). I feel like I have learned so much, gained many life experiences, and honed skills that will continue to help me throughout my career. I know that I will continue to learn and grow in this new position at RRI and am looking forward to the new challenges that are ahead. Please pray that I make a smooth transition (as I am not always the best with change). My first day is November 9th. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie-
Congrats on the new job. I know you will miss some things about E&Y, but you will love the hours of working in industry! Plus, coming from the Big 4, you will be a rock star!

Nicole Hoff said...

Congrats Katie! How exciting! Change can be great and this sounds fantastic for ya! Saying prayers for ya. Let us know how the 1st day goes!